Client: Winner International
Products: JUICE Rechargeable Batteries
Product Profile: National manufacturer of brand leading automotive protection device, “The Club®”, the company embarks on its first entry into the $6 billion battery market. Juice rechargeable NiMH (nickel metal hydride) batteries offer advanced technology which saves consumers (and the environment) 100’s of needless battery replacements.
The goal is to create an “emotional” brand to capture market share of the un-cultivated, but fastest growing segment – rechargeable batteries. Establish hip, emotional branding to appeal to “the unplugged generation”- generation x/y consumers whose consumption of wireless devices fuel the electronics superhighway. Two-tiered brand launch put in motion to first secure trade commitments, and then drive consumer demand.
- Logo Design: hip-hop look with edgy, techno-feel
- Battery Design: vibrant purple, red and green colors
- Packaging Design: pillow-pack “juice pouches” (vs. traditional blister card design)
- Product Naming: Juice REFRESH‘ / Juice RUSH‘
Consumer: “Who’s Got Juice?” / “For the Unplugged Generation”
Trade: “The Freshtronic Revolution” / “Squeeze the Most out of Your Electronics”
Consumer Launch Lebron James (NBA rookie-of-the-year) Promotional Contract secured…
- Website: Juice sponsored 3-point interactive shoot-out game on www.lebronjames.com
- TV: LeBron James appears in 1st national :30 TV spot for Juice batteries
- Packaging: Limited edition Juice Lebron James packaging with VIP card for website
- E-commerce: exclusivity to sell Juice batteries at Lebron James store on website
- Live Appearance: Co-presenter of $100,000 donation to AIDS charities at Juice-sponsored MTV Video Music Awards (pre-show) VIP party
- CAVS signage: on-court rotational signage, press room banner, jumbo-tron ad replays
- NASCAR sponsorship: Elliot Sadler “M&Ms” car quarter panel associate sponsorship
- ASA sponsorship: Zach Niessner sports complete Juice-branded car design
JUICE Rechargeable Batteries Case History
- Trade media exposure secured: E-Gear, Dealerscope, Wholesale Resource, Twice, etc.
- Consumer media secured: ESPN, MTV, USA Today, Brand Week, Ad Age, National Public Radio, ESPN Magazine, Twist, Popular Photography, Into Tomorrow Radio, etc.
- American Graphic Design Awards (Packaging / Interactive / Collateral)
- Dealerscope Retail Promotions of the Year (Juice Limited Edition LeBron James Packaging)
Trade Launch (Consumer Electronics Show (CES) / Las Vegas)
- Collateral: Dimensional Juice brochure in shape of the Juice “pillow-pack” packaging.
- Press kit: Four-panel, 4-Color, 4-Press Releases, Interactive business card CD
- Press Invitation: Battery tubes include invite strip and battery-shaped stress relievers
- Print Advertising: Full-page ads in leading trade publications w/additional show distribution
- Outdoor: Billboard designed and strategically placed by the Las Vegas Airport
- Plasma Screens: Animated :15 promotional spot appear on 10 plasma screens at the show
- Web Site: Design includes flash animation, collateral downloads and brand profiles
- Juice “Attitude Girls” sashay and pose throughout CES traffic points
- Juice Acrobats perform outside the CES main entrance six shows each day
- Promotional Giveaways: skater-style long-sleeve Ts, battery shaped stress relievers
- Press Conference: Over 50 key members of the press attended the Juice press conference
- Pre-show: Targeted press list built and qualified
- At-show: Daily interviews scheduled and on-floor media networking cultivated
- Post-show: On-going media networking for six-months to optimize editorial coverage.